At Mercator Medical Thailand, we are strongly committed to manufacturing high quality examination gloves and to providing the best hand protection solutions for our customers. Mercator Medical Thailand is located in the prime rubber producing area of Songkhla province in southern Thailand. This strategic location enables Mercator Medical to have easy access to natural resources, and therefore to manufacture affordable, high quality hand protection gloves. Our facilities are strategically located in close proximity to 2 seaports: Songkhla port in Thailand and Penang port in Malaysia.
The reasons behind the company’s successful reputation and reliable products are its stringent quality control procedures and experienced management team. Members of the management and sales team hail from Europe, combining years of local experience in producing latex gloves with European standards of quality assurance and professional service. Supported by a network of distribution centres in Europe, Mercator Medical is now one of the best-known suppliers of contamination prevention products in Europe.
Expansion of the glove-making factory
In connection with the dynamic development of the factory, an investment program involving the expansion of the existing production plant is currently under way.
This investment will increase production capacity to a level of 100 million gloves per month (40 million pcs per month before the start of the investment).
It is being carried out in the following stages:
1) construction of the warehouse & office hall and expansion of the production hall – this stage was completed in 2013
2) refurbishment of the production hall, i.e.:
- purchase, assembly and commissioning of new production lines for the manufacturing of medical gloves,
- purchase and installation of a biomass-fired power boiler,
- equipping buildings with modern systems, including a filter system, ventilation ducts, pumps, containers for latex and for preparation of production materials, refurbishing the packing room.
The completion of this investment is scheduled for February 2015.